Pricing & Packaging
Autobiography— An Autobiography is a first-person collection of chapters that tell the stories of your life.
Family Stories— Family Stories may span several generations. You may be a “costar” or have a “supporting role.”
Memoir— A Memoir focuses on a particular time in your life and may be written as a creative nonfiction.
Business History— A Business History focuses on you and the story of your company or professional life, challenges and triumphs.
The scope of the project will determine the cost. Typically, a Full Personal History will cost between $9,000 and $15,000. Projects may include:
- Pre-interview consultation and organizer
- Interviewing & recording
- Writing & editing your words into an engaging narrative
- Proofreading (at two stages during production)
- All office supplies, equipment and services
- Traveling expenses within 50 miles of our location
- Selection & scanning of all photos and documents
- Designing & formatting your book
- Return of sound recordings and PDF
For those on a budget, you may choose to do only an Oral History (sound recording) or request an Edited Transcript of your interview, priced between a few hundred dollars and $3,000.
Tell It Like It Was will also work with you to create a smaller Special Project: recollections of a particular event or a tribute to a loved one or adored pet. Consider, an Ethical Will, a letter to family and friends, in which you share your life lessons and blessings.
In honor of our Armed Forces, we offer discounted prices for veterans.
Travel expenses 50 miles beyond the Tell It Like It Was Bucks County location will be billed separately.
Tell It Like It Was, Inc.
To view samples of my work, click here.